Sunday, March 8, 2015

Best Birthday Ever!

     I know my birthday was technically Tuesday, but my friends said that this weekend would be my celebration, because we can't exactly celebrate properly during the week when we have classes.
     It started Friday when I hung out with Pino (the boyf). We were supposed to go see The Woman in Black 2, which I hear is good but not as good as the first one. I mean, I figured as much. How can it be as good if it doesn't even have Daniel Radcliffe?? Anyway, that's not the point. So I checked online before going into the city to see what movies were in the theater and at what time, and it was there at 8:30...but no. When we show up, they're not showing the movie...And I don't just mean at that hour...like they're not showing that movie in that theater at all. I don't understand. So in the end, we didn't go to see the movie, but we just hung out in the city for like three hours, which was fun and perfect, just like always.


     On Saturday, I woke up at 8 AM, which let's be real, I wasn't happy about. I went to see my friend's futbol (soccer) game, which they lost, but oh well, who cares, can't win 'em all, right? But it was fun to watch. Soccer is one of the very few sports that I actually like, alongside lacrosse and wrestling. I love hearing them yell at each other in Spanish and thinking that holy crap one of these guys could someday play for Bilbao or Madrid or Barcelona or whatever. Spanish soccer is about 8000000x better than American soccer..





      Then later, at about 3, I met up with 5 of my girlfriends in Bilbao and we went out to eat at Fosters Hollywood, which is an American restaurant. I mean yes the food is great, but let's be real, no one does American food like us Americans. My best friend here was with me, and she's actually from Mexico, so we were getting a kick out of the "Mexican" part of the menu. In the end, we shared nachos and then I get the Mexican steak tacos. It was actually really good, but not as good as the Mexican food from back home, and I'm sure not NEARLY as good as the food from where my friend lived. Not only was the food amazing, but so was the time that we had together. The time flew by as we talked and laughed and shared secrets and had a great time all together. God I love all of these girls. They are absolutely amazing!
      Right after, pretty much all of us girls went out to Anaconda, the discoteca that we always go to on Saturday nights. There we met up with Pino and all the other guys. It's always an incredible time. I love being cramped in a room with a bunch of other people, everyone dancing and drinking and laughing and just having an amazing time. That day was the game between Bilbao and Madrid, so when we first got there, they were playing the end of the game on the big screen, and in the end, Bilbao won!!!!!!! Everyone was going craaaazy. Then later, when we were dancing, they dedicated a song to the birthday girl, and I didn't think anything of that until they said my name...everyone just looked at me and started screaming and I was like oh okkkkk. It was pretty awesome! Toward the end, the DJ told all the lovely ladies to go up on stage and dance, which sometimes they do, but we always stay on the dance floor. This time, my friend Olatz grabbed my hand and drug me up to the stage. We got up on the stage with a ridiculous amount of girls and ended up seeing two other friends who had gone up. The four of us just stood up there dancing and laughing, like always. Then after the discoteca, we always end up hanging out and later all catching the metro together, which is really fun. I swear anything is fun with these people.
 Carla, Fer, yo, Esti, Miri, Nagooo
 Mi gemela, Fer
 Carla, Miri, Nago, yo, Fer, Esti
 Mis chicassss, Esti y Fer
 Nago, yo, Esti, Miri, Fer
 MI AMORCITOOO, Olatz
Las gemelas, Jone y Olatz, yo y LOPEEEEZ
      After that crazy day, I stayed over at my friend's house which is always a good time. This morning I had to catch the bus, but the thing is, on Sundays, the bus only comes every hour. I JUST missed the bus at 11:00, like literally by 5 minutes, so I ended up having to wait an hour. But I actually didn't mind. For one thing, I found a cute little cafe/bar that had a breakfast special. For another thing, it's been SO nice this weekend. It's been so cold and rainy, which is normal for winter, but this weekend it's been hot, but not so hot that you're sweating or anything, and it's also been sunny. So I could walk around and enjoy the weather.


      It was an amazing birthday. Normally I don't do anything for my birthday. This past year, when I turned 16, my parents DID throw me a surprise party, which was amazing. But this birthday was just so great. To be able to spend it doing the things that I LOVE now, with the people that I LOVE now, it was such a blessing. Thanks to everyone who made this birthday special, and, well...Happy Birthday to meeeee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment