Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What I'll be packing

     I decided it was probably a good idea to go through my closet and decide what things to pack, make sure it all fit, and make sure it met the weight requirements. This was actually a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, and it took a lot more time, too. I don't think I ever realized how much stuff I had until I had to go through ALL of it. I also didn't realize how little I could pack, until I kept having throw things out of my suitcase because nothing was fitting. 
     I started with my closet and just ripped everything off the hangers, trying it all on as I went, throwing things into 3 piles: yes, no, maybe. Let's just say there was quite a large yes pile and quite a small no pile. After putting all the no's back, I went through the maybe pile and sorted things into the "yes maybe's" and the "no maybe's." Then I had to go through the yes pile about 5 times to get it down to a good size. Then I had to go through my dressers and my shoe bin. Let's just say, I had to throw quite a few things into a new no pile as I was trying to make everything fit. 
     I didn't realize how much stuff I felt attached to, even if I don't wear it often. Gosh was it hard. But this is a chance to be able to shop in Spain and to have more of a "Euro style," so I'm pretty excited for that. Below will be a list of the things (minus toiletries) that I will be packing, or that I would like to pack, at this point. I'm sure the list will change. I'm totally stealing this idea from Lilly Cook, one of my fellow AFS bloggers. I hope she doesn't mind(:

PANTS: 
Sweats (1)
Shorts (3)
Sports shorts (2)
Leggings (3)
Sports leggings (2)
Jeans (4)
Pants (1)
Spandex (1)

TOPS:
Dresses (9) 
Short sleeve t-shirts (3)
Long sleeve t-shirts (2)
Crop tops (5)
Tank tops (9)
Nice tops (14)
Sweatshirt (1)
Jean Jacket (1)
Blazers (2) 

SHOES:
Sneakers
Converse
Sandals
Flip Flops
Vans
Sperry Top Siders
Combat boots
Heels

OTHERS:
Bathing suits (2)
Hats (3)
Underwear, bras, sports bras, socks

     I'll also be bringing gifts for my host family, 2 journals (one that I write in quite a lot and one that was given to me with notes from my friends), jewelry, books, and my laptop. 
     While this was a hard task, it was also very fun to be able to choose the things that I would let new people see. It's kind of like reinventing yourself in a way. Then again, this whole process is a way to reinvent yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment