Friday, February 27, 2015

Celebrations

     So like I said in my previous blog post, and ones before that, we have the three days of exams. The past Friday, Monday and Tuesday were the exams. I had Spanish Lit, Latin, History, English, Economy, and Philosophy. They were all pretty easy and I think I did pretty well...or at least I hope so! We'll find out when we go back to school this coming week. Btw we don't have class this week because everyone from my grade is on a ski/snowboard trip, which I couldn't go on because of my janky knees... :(
     Anywho, after the exams, everyone goes to a bar that's right by the school to celebrate. The first round of exams, I didn't go, because I still wasn't doing great with the whole friends thing. It was at the beginning of the year, so I wasn't comfortable enough to go. But this time, I hung around after school with my boyfriend for a couple hours and then later we went to the bar. 
     This type of stuff is what makes me love Spain. The whole back part of the bar was full of students from school, some I've never even seen because they're from the grade above and we don't have mixed classes like in US high school. You're only ever with your grade, so unless you're in recreo, you don't hang out with people from other grades in school. Anyway, we put all the tables together and were sitting around laughing, talking, well more like yelling to be honest, and having a good time. 
     This one guy had let's just say a little too much to drink, and he was nonstop asking me "important" questions about the US. By important I mean "Which state is the grossest?" and things like that. I was literally laughing so hard because it was so ridiculous. 
     These two girls who I have never seen before came up to me and were asking me all kinds of questions. Like they knew who I was, my name, where I was from, and that I was here this year and everything. It's just funny because even though normally people don't treat me differently anymore, because I've sort of become a regular part of the school, I'm still the American girl. Most people know who I am, even if I don't know who they are. So that's kind of cool tbh. Anywho, they were telling me how great I speak and how amazing this must be and that I have to enjoy my time here because it's going to fly by.
     That's something I can definitely attest to. It's crazy how fast this year is going by. In like a week, it will have been 6 months here. That means I only have 4 months left. The thought of that makes me genuinely depressed. This place is the greatest, I swear. I love the people here, I love the parties here,  I love my life here. It's just so different, and I know I'm going to miss it so much when I go home. It's things like that End-of-Exams-Celebration that make me realize how much I love this place. Just being able to go to some bar and hang out with all my friends, laughing, yelling, making fun of each other, but knowing that we are all doing it out of love, is just amazing. 
     I'm really going to miss these krazy kats when I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment