Thursday, February 5, 2015

SNOW!!!

     Holy crap I haven't posted in a while...I guess it's because nothing terribly special or interesting has happened lately. I've really just been plugging along with school, as we have exams coming up. 
     Anywho, sooo, it snowed yesterday!!! I'm not excited because I've never seen snow or anything like that. I mean I live in Pennsylvania, and every single year there is a crap load of snow, so I'm used to it. I'm excited because they said it doesn't snow here. I guess it hasn't snowed in Bilbao in like 8 years or something like that. I never in a million years thought I'd miss the snow, because I hate winter and the cold, but I actually do. So when I woke up to see the ground white and the sky grey, I was pretty happy.
     I think honestly the best part was seeing everyone else's reaction. I don't think I've ever seen people so fascinated by snow. Everyone in Bachiller, that's the last two years of highschool, was giddy and excited, flipping out like little kids. Literally so precious. They came into school, and the only topic of conversation was the snow and "how much there was" even though there wasn't even half an inch. And I swear in every class, the people were opening the windows, even though hizo un frio que te cagas (translation = it was really effin cold). They were even taking pictures of the snow falling. It was so cute to see everyone so worked up, carefree, and childish over something I take for granted, because I see plenty of it every year.
     During patio, which is when we go to some bar to eat or just hang out in the streets of the city by the school for our half an hour break, there was even a snowball fight. There wasn't much snow, and the snow that there was on top of the cars was more ice than snow. So you better believe that hurt. Everyone was taking chunks of icy snow and throwing them at their friends, laughing, running around and trying not to get hit. They even started this epic snowball fight, some people on one side of the street, and other people on the other side. I just feel bad for the casual passersby. Poor guys were probably getting pelted, too. I remember sitting in the bar where we usually get our sandwiches for lunch and seeing snowballs fly past the windows and then people running by with a huge smile on their face, someone chasing them. So funny.
     I loved it, all of it. It was strange and exciting to see them getting so worked up about snow, because when we get snow in PA, everyone's always just really grumpy, whereas here, everyone took advantage of the 1/2 inch of snow. Probably one of my favorite days/experiences here so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment