Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

     As we leave behind 2014 and bring in the New Year, we think back on this year, usually exclaiming how fast it went by and how much we want to change for the year to come. Then we write Resolutions that are never actually resolved, rather left on a crumpled piece of paper under the bed, long forgotten after a few short weeks. I mean, that's New Years for ya. 
      I've never really been one for Resolutions anyway. For one thing, I'd definitely be one of those people to lose the paper after like 2 days. And for another thing, I don't want to think about all the things that went wrong, all the things I want to change. The things that went wrong are in the past, and I want what comes in the new year to be a surprise, an adventure. Why limit ourselves to these "rules" that are too hard to follow? Why not just live our lives the way we want to live them and let things happen the way they're supposed to happen? 
     Though I'm not one for regretting all the things done that can't be undone or all the things left undone in the past, I definitely am one for looking back and remembering all the amazing times I had. This year, as I looked back, I realized that I had more to remember this year, that I had more amazing memories than I'd ever had before. I've had such an incredible year, one truly worth remembering. It's hard to believe just how crazy wild this year was. And I have every single one of my friends and family to thank for that. 
     Not only did I have a great school year with all my friends back home. Not only did I have a great summer with my exchange students, in California with the fam, and at the beach. I moved to a whole new country! I made friends I can't imagine not having, I've had experiences I will never forget, and I've grown into a person I never knew I could be. This has been hands down the greatest year of my life, and I can't thank anyone enough for that. I love everyone in my life, and I want to thank all of you for being such amazing friends and family to me, and for making this year truly one to remember.
     I can only hope that 2015 is as good as this one, if not better. I hope everyone has had a great year, I hope they have a great night, and I hope they have an amazing year to come. Thanks again for everything. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment