Monday, October 27, 2014

Annabelle

     So, Saturday, I went to see Annabelle with some of my girlfriends from school, my host sister, and a friend from the US who is here with AFS, too.
     For those of you that don't know what Annabelle is, it's a horror movie. (WARNING: Plot killer:) There's a family who are getting ready to have a baby when the daughter of their next door neighbors and her boyfriend go on a killing spree, killing their own parents and attacking their neighbors, this couple with the baby. When the cops come, the girl locks herself in the nursery with this doll that the husband had given the wife for the baby, and this girl kills herself, as a sacrifice to the devil. They were in a cult or something like that. And this allows an evil spirit to possess the doll.
     So, the doll starts haunting the family and brings the devil with it, I guess. It's looking for a soul to take with it, trying to take the baby's soul, because it can't exactly resist. In the end, the mom is about to commit suicide with the doll in her hands to sacrifice her soul for her child. But everything ends up alright in the end, and the doll is in some museum, locked behind glass.
     This is actually a real story! I mean, obviously there are things that have been changed or dramatized, because that's kind of what Hollywood does, but it's a genuine thing. And the doll is in some whacky museum of paranormal things in Connecticut. That's literally the most scary part about it.
     I used to HATE scary movies, but now I love them! I mean, they still scare the living bejeezus out of me, but for some reason, I find them absolutely fascinating, especially the paranormal ones.
     Not only was it great because the movie was awesome, but it was great because of the experience in the theater. Now mind you, I was a little nervous because this was my first time to the movie theater in Spain. I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to understand anything, as they do voice overs in Spanish (which is absolutely hilarious btw). But I understood pretty well; almost everything, actually.
     The theater was huge and FULL of people, though I don't think the movie is very new, though I could be wrong, I have no idea. All the people were yelling at the screen, hiding behind sweatshirts, flipping out. It was actually quite hilarious to be a part of. At times, I even found myself yelling at the screen in Spanish as if the characters could hear me (not like they'd listen anyway, all scary movies kind of go the same way in terms of character stupidity).
     But yeah, sorry if I ruined the movie for you. If you've seen it, I'd love to know what you thought. And if you haven't, I definitely recommend going to see it.
     And if you ever get the chance to go to a (possibly new) movie in a theater with a bunch of crazy Spanish people, GO FOR IT. It's pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment