Saturday, October 4, 2014

Another first

     Yesterday was the first time I hung out with my school friends outside of school. Not going to lie, I was pretty nervous. But it was so fun! It's not like we did anything super cool or super fun, we just hung out and walked around Bilbao and ate (of course), but the fun part is being with people that I feel comfortable with. 
     I'm so beyond glad I've found people that I really feel comfortable with. There's these two girls who are good friends from school, Andrea and Alazne. They're pretty crazy, but I love it because so am I. But honestly, they are some of the nicest, kindest, funniest, most caring people I've ever met. And they've got huge hearts. For them to take me under their wing from the beginning and show me the way when I was lost, I can't thank them enough. 
     I have no real way of knowing how exactly they feel about this situation, but I DO know how I feel. I feel like I've finally found these people that accept me for the way I am, people I feel comfortable with, people I feel like I can really be myself with. And I hope with everything that I have that we can end up being best friends. 
     Okay, anywho, enough with the touching monologue...there were other kids from school, some that I know, some that I don't, but they are all hilarious, friendly, and welcoming. And not only just to me, but to my sister, too. She is new to the school, just like I am, so we're both kind of going through the same readjusting situation. We both have to make new friends, and at times it can be awkward or scary or nerve-wracking, but we're doing it together. And these kids from school are seriously awesome. Everyone I've met with Andrea and Alazne have been so great, so I'm grateful to not only the kids, but to Andrea and Alazne for having introduced me to all these amazing people. 
     And oh how great the end of the night was. Ane and I got on the metro at about 9:45, the same metro we always take to get to the center of the city where the buses are...and what do you know...we get on the wrong train...the one going the opposite direction...GOOD JOB. Like I have no idea how we did that, but it was a good laugh.
     Then at the next stop, we got off and switched to the other side of the station to take the metro THE RIGHT WAY, and Ane almost fell down the stairs. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, and I still laugh when I think about it. Let's just say it was a great way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment