Monday, October 6, 2014

Discoteca Disaster

      So, I've quite the story for you guys. It's kind of funny in an Are you joking? kind of way...or at least that's how it is for me. 
     Okay, so last week, Ane and I got invited to go to a discoteca...I was literally beyond excited. A discoteca, for those of you who are culturally handicapped, is basically a club with music and drinks and tons of dancing teens. They're extremely popular here, and we don't exactly have them in the US. I mean, I've heard of teen dance clubs like at the beach and stuff, but there are no "discotecas" in the US. 
     So anywho, I was SO excited. So Ane and I looked through all our clothes and tried on just about every dress to decide what to wear. Then we bought these ridiculous heels, that I'm obsessed with, but they make my feet want to shrivel up and die. (Probably not the best image, sorry.) So we had our outfits planned, and we got ready on Saturday, straightening our hair, putting on makeup, dowsing ourselves in perfume. I mean we were so ready for that party.
     So, we waddle our way down to the bus stop, and of course, we had JUST missed the bus, so we had to wait 20 minutes for the next one. And the wind was ridiculous. We had to stand against a wall and hold our dresses down so they wouldn't fly up...I wasn't trying to have a Marilyn Monroe moment...
     We get on the bus, finally, and there are no seats...so we had to stand on a wobbly bus for 20 minutes with everyone staring at us like, Why the hell are they dressed like that? 
     Then we had to get on the metro for about 10-15 minutes, and of course, there are no seats there either...I mean, why would there be seats for us when we're wearing probably the worst possible outfits for the metro??
      So, finally we get to Barakaldo, where the party was. But no, we weren't going directly to the party, but we also weren't exactly doing anything else either. We just sat in this little plaza for like 45 minutes, while it was getting really cold, and I thought my feet might fall off, even before we could start dancing. 
     Eventually, we make our way down to the club, and there's a huge line...clearly. So we stand in this line, where by the way, there are people just openly smoking weed...pretty different from America, but pretty funny. We finally get up to the door, and of course, they tell me that my student ID card doesn't work to get in. They say it can easily be "falsified" even though the company name and mark is on it....but okay whatever. So they tell me I need my passport to get in, and once I bring it, I can get in.
     So Ane and I head to this little park right by the club while our friends and the rest of people in line go inside to dance. We had to call my host dad and ask him to bring my passport to me so we can go inside (and some new shoes, because I was not feeling those heels anymore). But of course, he wasn't even in Mungia (my town), so he had to go home to Mungia, get the stuff, and make his way to Barakaldo.
     We waited in this park for about 45 minutes...in the now freezing cold...in little dresses and unbelievably uncomfortable heels and I had no jacket. Then it started to rain...I was like Oh hell no, I am not about to mess up my hair and get soaking wet and freezing before I even get to go inside. So we made our way over to a little cafe by the club. We get a coffee and wait about 45 more minutes, all this time trying to get ahold of my friend who was supposed to go with us, and wasn't answering his phone. 
     Finally, my host dad shows up, and by that time, there was only an hour left and Ane wanted to go home because we were wet and cold and had been sitting there for an hour and a half and there wasn't much time left. 
     So, after all that, we ended up going home and eating cold hot dogs. 
     Soooooo, yeah, that was interesting...



No comments:

Post a Comment